iptables bug? (Was RE: F18: post-friday updates + ssh ports + iptables)

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 02:01:30 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 03:47:50PM -0800, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> OK, I believe this is a bug (or a feature I can not fathom)....
>
> I reboot the machine, and lose access to the ssh port. Restarting iptables fixes the problem. This is problematic because the machine can not be rebooted remotely to obtain access remotely.
>
> Is this a bug, or a new feature? What should this be filed against?
>
> This only started after last Friday's updates.

What were in those updates?  If isolating it and rollingback resolves
your problem then you have your answer and can file a bug report.

GL,

PS: From what I see in my updated packages on Friday, there is nothing
    that even remotely relates to ssh or iptables.

    dracut-024-18.git20130102.fc18.x86_64
    googlecl-0.9.13-3.fc18.noarch
    mdadm-3.2.6-7.fc18.x86_64
    parted-3.1-9.fc18.x86_64
    rubygem-multi_xml-0.4.1-4.fc18.noarch
    xorg-x11-drv-nouveau-1:1.0.3-1.fc18.x86_64

--
Suvayu