telnetd mystery ....

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jan 30 02:24:58 UTC 2013

On 01/30/2013 10:13 AM, Richard Sewill wrote:
> My question may be a red herring, but could there be anything in
> your .bash_profile, .bashrc, ... etc files behaving differently between F17 and F18,
> causing problems during telnet login?

Very doubtful for 3 reasons.....

1.  the user account testing has the stock .bash* files in home directory.  No changes.

2.  That would not explain the immediate disconnect issue.

3.  I have also found the immediate disconnect issue happens 95% of the time but sometimes a connection is made but with the garbled output.