How to change the label of the hard disk

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Wed Jan 30 15:37:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013, Sergio Augusto Vladisauskis wrote:

> Use parted...
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/html_chapter/parted_toc.html#TOC21

Now that is what I call shooting a fly with a rusty elephant gun.

Apart from my problems with gparted, I'd suggest using a more specific tool,
one that did not require so much documentation to use.

Also, the one time I dared use gparted, I screwed up my partitions royally.
I changed a partion, decided I liked it
the way it was and could not get it back.
My other partitions were gone or screwed up too.
Not again.
fdisk and its brethren do not make changes immediately.
One gets a chance to inspect one's work.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily