former windows 7 boot manager still showing

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Jan 30 19:15:15 UTC 2013

On 01/30/2013 10:55 AM, Raf Roger wrote:
[SNIP!]
> but in former windows 7 my actual SDB was as first HDD in disk manager,
> so with ID=0.. now it has ID=1 (so as 2nd HDD), but still not bootable.
> in fact none should have a boot manager as my REAL former C:\ drive has
> crashed and therefore i replace it with the one i have now as SDA :)

Try disconnecting all your drives except for the one you want to boot
from and see what happens.  If it still doesn't boot, try having grub
re-install itself as I suggested before.  If it does, there may be
something odd about another drive.  (Remember: Windows cares about which
partition is marked as bootable, but no other OS gives a hoot.  Using
gpartd, or something similar to make sure that your older drives have
nothing marked as bootable can't hurt.)