former windows 7 boot manager still showing

Raf Roger raf.news at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:26:49 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 8:14 PM, Mikkel L. Ellertson
<mellertson at gmail.com>wrote:

> --

Hello Mikkel,

so i will try to answer to everything in order :-)
1. after disconnecting all other HDD, and boot on the HDD i formatted,
everything seems ok and computer requests me a booting device... so i
discovered that i have a HDD that includes a boot sector...my D:\ drive...
so i need to remove Windows Boot Manager from this one.... but without
deleting or losing any data as i have backups on this drive.

someone could confirm me that for that i need to type dd if=/dev/zero
of=/dev/sdb bs=446 count=1

i REALLY do not want to loose data from this HDD :-(

2. in the bios, my first HDD to boot is the one i want to install Linux :-)

3. in bios the first device to boot on is CD/DVD, USB key and HDD
i have no CD/DVD except Linux one, and no usb HDD/key connected so no prob
:-)

I hope i did not forget any question.

Al.