GStreamer plugin for playing asx files?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 20:11:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 19:55:45 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:

> >> I refer, for instance, to the following stream, which cannot be listen
> >> on Rhythmbox:
> >>
> >> http://tsf.sapo.pt/tsfdirecto.asx
> >
> > That seems to be some server-side script that redirects to:
> >   http://pesquisa.sapo.pt/tsfdirecto.asx?q=tsf&host=tsf.sapo.pt&ptr=1
> > I don't the time to visit all those search results and try to locate
> > a real valid .asx file. The same page also uses .aspx, btw ;-)
>

> Thanks to all respondents. I am now listen to other ASX streams
> perfectly. Therefore, the reported problem seems to be confined to
> that particular stream.

Well, it's a web page, not a stream. A media player doesn't know what to
do with a web page. Have you visited the page with your web browser? It
shows search results for the search query "tsf". Where do you find the
claim that it's a stream?

--
Fedora release 19 (Rawhide) - Linux 3.8.0-0.rc4.git4.1.fc19.x86_64
loadavg: 0.04 0.10 0.17