OT: what's with the 'i'?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 15:55:08 UTC 2013

Way way OT:

Just out of interest, why do some people use the non-existent word "i",
not to mention other violations of capitalization rules when 1) their
Shift key is clearly not broken, and 2) they aren't the poet e.e.
cummings? I've seen a number of people do this (admittedly a tiny
minority) and never understood it. Do they think it's cool? Are they
expressing their inner rebel? Were they punished by their English
teacher at school? Is hitting Shift too much effort? Enquiring minds
want to know.

Sorry, this has been bugging me for ages and I had just had to get this
off my chest. Feel free to ignore.

poc