booting on Fedora 17/18 with basic video mode

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jan 31 20:26:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-01-30 at 16:08 -0800, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 01/30/2013 03:02 PM, Raf Roger wrote:
> > it helps me to installed everything as i wanted and it works well.
>
> Good.  Please note that I only suggested that option because I trust
> rpmfusion.  Unless you're sure it's safe, it's probably better not to
> try it, especially with an obscure third-party repo.
----
sort of an uninformed opinion offered to solve a problem (which indeed
worked) and by not understanding the risks involved, you couldn't
properly note the risks to the person you were advising.

You should install the repo key on your system prior to ever installing
packages. If you import the key, you don't have this problem.
Instructions are on rpmfusion.org website for this purpose.

Yum's 'nogpgcheck' option bypasses the signature requirement on packages
which means that you could install packages from anyone claiming to be
rpmfusion.org. It is relatively simple to poison someone's DNS and
direct them to some other repo so while you trust rpmfusion.org, you are
also trusting your DNS not to lie to you.

Craig

believed to be clean.