unsigned packages on F18

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Thu Jan 31 23:02:29 UTC 2013

Quoting Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:

> Am 31.01.2013 22:02, schrieb Dave Stevens:
>> Quoting Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:

>>> not a smart idea - usually ANY fedora package is signed
>>>
>>> missing signatures should be a WARNING SINGAL and not
>>> ignored like trained monkeys confirm any SSL warning
>>> in a webbrowser
>>>

>> it isn't a fedora package. I wanted to used a js app in firefox and
>> it needed the plugin
>
> then it is not a js app
> javascript != java
>
>> and went looking for one. the download came from Oracle
>
> so why not "yum install icedtea-web" which is the java-plugin

well, that's two suggestions I can try. Thank-you. Do you know why the
Fedora packagers, knowing java is very likely to be needed, wouldn't
just package that?

Dave

--
If all the advertising in the world were to shut down tomorrow, would people
still go on buying more soap, eating more apples, giving their children more

--- Dorothy L Sayers, in Murder Must Advertise