Is linux+network printing ever going to be easy?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 03:20:14 UTC 2013

Thanks for the reports guys...

I simulated the same printing operation on my desktop (where the printer is
connected) and got similar, but not the same results.

It DID pick up the "photo tray" but the paper type was blank instead of
"plain paper" and "photo paper" was not available. Also, the paper size
defaulted to "US letter" instead of "borderless 4x6", the print quality did
default correctly to "high-resolution photo" or whatever it's called. Also
strange is that Shotwell is defaulting to the photo print queue (in
alphabetical order) although the main print queue is "default"...

Seems like a mixed bag. The question is, is the problem shotwell or is it
using some sort of standard printer dialog as part of the toolkit it uses...

Richard