Is linux+network printing ever going to be easy?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 03:27:34 UTC 2013

Ok, quick update...

gimp seems to respect the printing preferences properly, not only the
settings for my photo "queue" but also, which printer is actually default.

Doing some rpm -q --requires on both packages show they both use gtk for
the GUI toolkit, and the printer dialogs being nearly identical, I assume
it's provided by the GTK toolkit.

This seems to indicate the problem is with shotwell, not the toolkit.

Haven't tried actual print yet, the wife already shutdown her laptop for
the night. Will try tomorrow.

Thanks,
Richard