lost cursor.

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jul 2 14:19:37 UTC 2013

On 07/02/13 22:10, William Mattison wrote:
> (Fedora-18; 64-bit; all desktops)
>
> I have two 27-inch monitors on my system.  Occasionally, I "lose" the cursor.  (ok, who's that that I hear snickering out there?!)  I recall years ago (two jobs ago) on the Unix system at work, we had a tool called "xeyes" which amounted to a pair of eyes which were always displayed on the monitor and always "followed" the cursor.  It was great.  Just what I need now!  But when I launch the "Software" tool on my system and look for xeyes, it doesn't find it.  How do I get xeyes for my 64-bit Fedora-18 system?
>
> thanks,
> Bill.

[egreshko at meimei ~]$ yum whatprovides */xeyes
Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
google-chrome/primary                                      | 1.8 kB  00:00:00
google-chrome                                                                 3/3
google-earth                                                                  1/1
google-chrome/filelists                                    | 1.1 kB  00:00:00
xorg-x11-apps-7.6-6.fc18.x86_64 : X.Org X11 applications
Repo        : fedora
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/bin/xeyes

xorg-x11-apps-7.7-1.fc18.x86_64 : X.Org X11 applications
Repo        : updates
Matched from:
Filename    : /usr/bin/xeyes

--
The only thing worse than a poorly asked question is a cryptic answer.