F19 live hangs

walksalot paul.l.allen at comcast.net
Wed Jul 3 02:39:40 UTC 2013

Booting the 64-bit F19 live DVD on my system results in many minutes of a
rattling optical drive, and then a uniform grey screen with a row of about
16 PC block graphics characters in the upper left.  The system is, umm,
utterly non-responsive at this point.  Have to power cycle.

My system is a fairly normal Core 2 Duo.  It's getting a bit old, but runs
F17 and F18 fine.  I survived the F18 new installer debacle OK, but this is
a bit rough.  Anybody seen this?

Paul Allen