R: Re: F19: after upgrading I cant't login from gdm

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 3 09:46:37 UTC 2013

antonio.montagnani <at> alice.it <antonio.montagnani <at> alice.it> writes:

> that means that I have to install also Xcfe and/or kde. Do you think that
this could solve also the issue of Authentication failure when password is
required inside a pop-window.Could I run Gnome in fallback mode as in F18??

You don't have to install a new desktop, just the display manager, which
will let you log into any desktop. For example

yum install lightdm system-switch-displaymanager

system-switch-displaymanager lightdm

and then to see the new DM, you can either reboot, or run "systemctl stop
gdm" and "systemctl start lightdm" in a VT to get it without rebooting.