lost cursor. [SOLVED]

William Mattison wcmattison at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 3 13:03:29 UTC 2013

Good morning,

>(Fedora-18; 64-bit; all desktops)
>
>I have two 27-inch monitors on my system.  Occasionally, I "lose" the cursor.  (ok, who's that that I hear snickering out there?!)  I recall years ago (two jobs ago) on the Unix system at work, we had a tool called "xeyes" which amounted to a pair of eyes which were always displayed on the monitor and always "followed" the cursor.  It was great.  Just what I need now!  But when I launch the "Software" tool on my system and look for xeyes, it doesn't find it.  How do I get xeyes for my 64-bit Fedora-18 system?
>
>thanks,
>Bill.

I installed the wmeyes.  It works.  But I didn't see a way of customizing the size or position of the eyes.

I installed the "X.Org X11 applications" to get xeyes.  It works.  I can customize the position, the size, and the colors of the eyes.  This is the solution I'm going with.  To make the eyes show up and work automatically when I log in, I added the line:

/usr/bin/xeyes &

to my ".bash_profile" twice.  Each line has different options so each monitor has a pair of eyes.  One pair would be adequate; two pair is just a personal preference.

Now if only I could make the eyes look blood-shot!  :)

Thank-you for your help: Murph, Ed, Ranjan, and Reindl.
Bill.