yum delta problems

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 23:25:21 UTC 2013

On Thu, 04 Jul 2013 07:09:41 +0800
Ed Greshko wrote:

> If they are installed, and you don't know why or if you need them....you can always un-install.  If you don't want to un-install them you can always "yum reinstall" them.

Of course they are installed - it wouldn't be trying to update them
if they weren't installed. They don't need reinstalling, validating
them works fine, it is just the delta it couldn't rebuild on
the way to installing them.

> I think I would concentrate more on resolving the issue than filing a bugzilla in this instance.  I think it would be rather difficult to determine the circumstances leading up to the current situation.

That's what I'm trying to do :-). The only circumstance leading up
to it appears to be "I've got some stuff installed and every time
I do a yum update, a handful of packages always fail to match the
delta". I haven't paid close enough attention to notice if it
is always the 32 bit packages that fail.