yum delta problems

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 23:47:07 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I was running f19 beta, I mostly ignored this, but I've
> done a distro-sync now and the update I just did once again
> got a slew of deltas do not match errors:
<snip output>

FWIW I've noticed this too.

> I can assure you, I am not manually modifying anything installed by
> those packages to cause this mismatch. I do notice they are all
> 32 bit packages, but I'm running 64 bit. Is yum trying to apply
> a 64 bit delta to a 32 bit package or something?

Hmm, interesting theory.  If you still have the log of the full yum
output, right above what you copy/pasted should be a list of drpms
downloaded.  Chec6 to see if there are some .i686.drpm downloads there
or if they're all x86_64.

I wanted to look myself but my last update contained only x86_64 packages.  :-(

> In addition, after the install it apparently didn't cleanup those 14
> packages:
>
> [root at zooty ~]# yum clean packages
> Loaded plugins: afteryum, fastestmirror, langpacks, refresh-packagekit
> Cleaning repos: fedora google-chrome rpmfusion-free rpmfusion-free-updates
>               : rpmfusion-nonfree rpmfusion-nonfree-updates updates
> 14 package files removed
>
> Should I file a bugzilla against yum (or something else)?

Yes, please.

-T.C.