Fedora 19 installation fails at "installing bootloader"

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 4 15:54:11 UTC 2013

Emmett Culley <lst_manage <at> webengineer.com> writes:

> I can say for sure that this time I found the installation UI (anaconda?)
not only easy to use, but pretty darn
> good looking as well.  Of course, like many on this list I also found it
to be less flexible when selecting
> what I want installed.  Like you can choose only one desktop environment,
and there doesn't appear any way
> to select other OS partitions at boot time, so I must assume that would
have happened automatically. if it
> didn't fail.

If you choose "Basic Desktop" as the DE, there are a number of desktops
listed as add-ons (GNOME, KDE, MATE, Cinnamon, Sugar). This was not
available on the F18 DVD, only the netinst. I did a successful F19 DVD
install with GNOME/KDE/MATE/Cinnamon plus a bunch of other add-ons.