what do you use tracker for?

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 4 21:21:12 UTC 2013

greetings hugh,

On 07/04/2013 02:04 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
<> Do you use tracker?

no. see below.

<>
> I've been oblivious to tracker.

me too. :=)

<>

> Anxious to throw stuff overboard from my 0-bytes-free /home, I deleted
> the Firefox cache (politely via Firecox Edit: Preferences: Advanced:
> Network:  Cached Web Content: Clear Now).  That dealt with the second
> largest space-hog (after tracker).

you still left your "Cache" sub directories. does not hurt to delete
every thing below;

    /home/hugh/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/Cache/

because of how it is used, deleting _all_ contents of "Cache" directory
will _clear_up_ a lot of disk allocation for reassigning. [fragments]
content of "Cache" directory will be rebuilt when firefox is restarted.
this is also a space saver when you archive your 'user' path. ;=)

<>

much luck with 'tracker'. will be an interesting thread.

--

peace out.

sl6.3 linux

tc.hago.