yum delta problems

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Jul 5 20:56:44 UTC 2013

On 07/05/2013 01:35 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> As far as ABRT reports, it's a pretty sad record, as I always reply to
> them and ask the reporter what they were doing and if they can
> duplicate the crash. I'd say something like 95% of them never reply. :(

I guess, then, that I've never had an issue with a program you maintain.
  There was one bug in alacarte that had over a hundred comments, almost
all abrt reports over a several month period.  There was a patch
suggested, but that just created more reports of "your patch doesn't
work."  This started in (I think) F16, and what I have on F17 still has
that same bug.  There have been several "fixes," but not one of them has
done any good, at least for me.  Yes, of course this is an exception,
and I still report bugs, crashes and abrt issues, but I stopped
expecting any results a very, very long time ago.