F19 live hangs

walksalot paul.l.allen at comcast.net
Sat Jul 6 17:11:25 UTC 2013

Ed Greshko wrote
> On 07/06/13 09:02, walksalot wrote:
>> Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote
>>> Check CD/DVD media or better use USB. I had similar situation on broken
>>> CD several years ago.
>> The media matches the SHA256 checksum.
>>
>> But, I appear to be the only one reporting this problem.  Anybody have
>> any
>> other ideas?
>>

> Shot in the dark.  At what speed did you write the media?  Years ago I had
> a case where the CD was burned a max speed, passed the checksum test, but
> failed (forgot exactly how) during the install phase.  Burned at a slower
> speed and all was well.

Tried burning at 8x instead of 16x.  Same result.  I get a menu asking if I
want to install or troubleshoot.  I choose install.  The screen goes grey,
and eventually a row of about 16 PC block graphics characters is drawn at
upper left.  The drive activity LED flashes for 10 minutes or so, then
stops.  Power button is the only way out.

Weird.