Cleanup after fedup?

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Sat Jul 6 21:35:41 UTC 2013

On 06.07.2013 16:02, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> On 07/06/13 15:50, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>>> Fedup 18 -> 19 went fine for me,
>>> but I noticed a few warnings came up during the process.
>>> Is there any command one could or should run after fedup
>>> to clean up yum records?
>> What do you mean "clean up yum records"?
> I don't know.
> The errors/warnings occured during fedup,
> so I assume they concerned yum in some way.

This warnings might be related to new config files in /etc directory.
During system upgrade, a lot of new config files are placed in /etc but
if there is a version of file modified by admin, yum places file form
rpm as file with rpmnew extension and this behavior is reported to the user.

Mateusz Marzantowicz