Cleanup after fedup?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jul 6 14:07:37 UTC 2013

Am 06.07.2013 16:02, schrieb Timothy Murphy:
> Incidentally, I've used fedup twice now, F-17->F-18 and F-18->F-19,
> and based on this sample of 2 I'd give it 150 out of 100.
> I was suspicious of it because the old Fedora upgrade (I forget its name)
> caused me endless trouble.
>
> My only suggestion would be, as others have suggested,
> to give an estimate of the time the various parts will take.
> In my case, the part after re-boot took the longest, 4 to 5 hours

sounds liek you have a ton of packages installed and the more
files the longer takes SElinux relabel, the upgrade itself and
dependency problems get also more likely

on my full featured workstation 1338 with KDE, a ton of severs
and ZendStudio as wellas VMware the OS take 5.9 GB stripped down

package-cleanup --leaves
package-cleanup --orphans

"package-cleanup --leaves --all" shows additional packages
not required by other ones but should be used *careful*