What happened to floppy drive support?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sun Jul 7 19:30:46 UTC 2013

| From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>

| I take it you are referring to modern machines?  This one was new in '81, I
| think. Maybe '82.?

I'm confused.  What machine built in 1981 or 1982 can run Fedora?  A
recent enough one that you can file a BZ on (i.e. F17, F18, F19)?

Heck, I vaguely recall that soft-sectoring wasn't even universal then.

(My NABU-1600 is from that era.  It runs (essentially) 7th Edition
UNIX.  It has a quad-density 5.25" floppy drive and an ST506-class
hard drive.  Fedora requires way more RAM than there is hard drive on
that machine (10M).)