rant of the day: installing fedora

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Mon Jul 8 09:38:13 UTC 2013

François Patte wrote:

> Once upon a time, install fedora was easy: you had to choose between an
> automatic installation and a customised installation.
>
> Now, I get a stupid screen which allows to choose an environment (gnome,
> xfce,....) bravo! And *I can only choose (so there is no choice!!!) an
> automatic partionnement of the disk.*

I haven't met this problem as I have used fedup on all my (few) machines.
But it has always seemed to me that the default should be
to use the current partitioning, unless that is impossible for some reason.
As a general principle, don't make more changes than you have to.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net