Touchpad is not working anymore

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jul 8 15:41:15 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 08 July 2013, Diego Vargas sent:
> No, it's not the kernel.
> I have three kernels: 3.6.5, 3.6.8. and 3.9.9
> With the two firsts, the mouse worked very well.
> I've made an update on 3.6.8 to 3.9.9 and then, booted to Windows on
> the reboot part, installed the chipset update, then boot fedora.
> Since that moment, my mouse stopped working for all the kernels (I've
> tried all of them).

I thought you said touchpad?

Perhaps you should say *exactly* what that Windows update was, so
someone familiar with your hardware can say something.

But just a thought - is there a special disable touchpad hotkey on your
computer?  Perhaps it needs pressing to undisable it.  That update may
have changed a default behaviour.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.9.8-100.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Jun 27 19:19:57 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.