Resume problem

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Mon Jul 8 15:54:41 UTC 2013

| From: Tanguy Eric <eric.tanguy at gmail.com>

| The problem was in f18 and now also in f19. The pc seems to go fine in
| hibernate but when i try to resume it seems to try to resume and after few
| seconds reboot normally. I tried to activate the pm_trace functionality with
| |echo 1 > /sys/power/pm_trace| and use |dmesg | grep "hash matches"| but i
| found nothing.
| Any idea ?

These problems are usually due to BIOS bugs.  They are very particular
to the model of computer and the BIOS version.  Google based on the
model: you are probably not the only victim.

BIOS engineers tend to whack on the BIOS until it works for the
Windows version they care about.  They don't care about the ACPI
specs.  So there have been lots of problems with suspend.

I suggest you start by seeing if the system manufacturer has a BIOS
update.  I admit that not all updates are improvements.

I think that there various Linux mechanisms to deal with problems:
"quirks" and "blacklists", but my memory is a bit fuzzy on the
details.