what has 'yum update' done?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Mon Jul 8 16:02:55 UTC 2013

Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> writes:

>  No. 2.) might not work anymore
>> sooner or later, if it works at all to begin with --- and it's all
>> guesswork anyway.
>
> yum is not guesswork.

Upgrading Fedora is guesswork, especially when using yum to upgrade.

> All I have updated with yum since F16, the last fresh install I did.
> have been fine. All other methods, have at their backbone,
> the yum-api iirc. I just cut out the middle-man.

When you do that, how do you make sure that you don't run into a
situation in which your system becomes unusable?  You might end up with
crucial software not running or not working anymore because other
software already has been updated or hasn't been updated yet.

--
Fedora 18