what has 'yum update' done?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Jul 8 18:50:12 UTC 2013

On 07/08/2013 11:40 AM, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> And taking into account the simple fact that usually those who
> encounter(ed) problems are dominating the list, you have to deal with
> "publication bias" :-)

You make an excellent point.  I'm still running F17, but I plan to
upgrade my laptop to 19 RSN, and once that's working properly, I'll do
the same to my desktop.  I skipped 18 because of all the upgrade issues
I read about here and other Fedora help groups I infest.

It might be a good idea for everybody who's already moved to F19 to say
so, including what method, what results and how many machines.  That way
we can get a (slightly) better idea of how well different ways work.
And, before anybody asks, clean installs are also a way of upgrading.