what has 'yum update' done?

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Tue Jul 9 00:46:07 UTC 2013

Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> writes:

>>> using VMware Workstation it is trivial to
>>> get a VM running in it's own NAT network
>>>
>>> works out of the box
>>
>> And it costs EUR 193.5.[1] Do you have to buy updates, too?  Can you
>> convert an existing system as is into a VM with it?  What is the
>> performance impact with OpenGL apps?
>
> well, here you have to make a choice as often in life
>
> * learn to deal with "the networking part is extremely difficult"
> * take money in your hand and avoid this part

None of these would solve the problem because I cannot clone my system.
None of these are worthwhile because I don't really have use for a VM.

> in the 1990's i had only one computer, no job and no internet at all
>
> [...]
> that's why sometimes for me the FUD some spoiled people about how
> difficult all the things today are ridiculous

Guess what, things back then were a lot easier than they are now.  Hard-
and software have become much more complicated.

Then look at this thread:  There hasn't really been any answer to any of
the questions.

--
"Object-oriented programming languages aren't completely convinced that
you should be allowed to do anything with functions."