fedup - the good and the bad

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Jul 9 08:11:20 UTC 2013

On Monday 08 July 2013 16:17:39 Gary Stainburn wrote:
> I have tried that before but so that I have a workable image that I can
> then just write to as many HDD's as required to build additional servers,
> or simulate an upgrade of a production server but struggled to get the
> resulting system to boot.
>
> For information, the fedup upgrade worked perfectly for me for the box I've
> just done and took little over the lunch time I left it to do it's job.

I did my laptop F18 -> F19 this morning. It took 1 hour 40 which was longer
than my desktop but still okay as I just left it to it, and the only input
required was the reboot.

The best news is that as I had hoped, the upgrade mended the touchpad which
broke when I did the fedup from F17 -> 18  so I'm a happy chappy