Mailing List Etiquette (was Re: can't run sshd on 23456 in Fedora 19)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jul 8 21:36:43 UTC 2013

Am 08.07.2013 23:26, schrieb inode0:
> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:
>> On 07/08/2013 03:36 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>> *large*
>>> *but*
>>> *serious*
>>> *ifÜ
>>> *and* you have rate-controls *and then*
>>> *pretty sure*
>>> *really serious*
>>
>> Reindl,
>>
>> Please understand that your use of the English language comes across as
>> violent and aggressive. Excessive accenting, excessive snipping, and
>> excessive profanity make up a majority of your postings to Fedora
>> mailing lists. If you wish to see replies from community members, such
>> as myself, in the future please refrain from your current behavior.
>
> I hate to ask but what is violent, aggressive, or profane in what you
> have quoted above? I just don't see it.
> His actual remarks in this thread that you have excessively snipped
> above frankly read to me as a respectful reply trying to convey his
> point. Unconventional emphasis added but I did not have any trouble
> understanding it and I don't see anything at all improper about his
> posts throughout this thread.

thank you!

if find it more than ridiculous and abusive that he finishs a reply
while strip any quote and context with "P.S. Please do not snip
replies to exclude information that is relevant to the conversation.
It makes you look like a troll" and demand me to use full-quotes
even if i refer only to the quoted paragraph

this way of snippy replies with no content at all leaded more than
once to get me that angry to violate the etiquette (cause and effect)
which was *clearly* not my intention nor have i the feeling that
i did it in this thread a single time even where i had a reason