Mailing List Etiquette (was Re: can't run sshd on 23456 in Fedora 19)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jul 9 12:24:55 UTC 2013

Am 09.07.2013 14:15, schrieb Jared K. Smith:
> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net <mailto:h.reindl at thelounge.net>> wrote:
>
>     it does not matter because on this list you are even moderated
>     and banned because off-list mails which are even not contain
>     any reference to a thread bounce dback by the receiver to the
>     list and additionally in CC to the uninvolved devel-list
>

> As one of the list moderators, let me state for the public record that the moderation was not just for one off-list
> email, it was for a continuing pattern of disrespect.  The Community Working Group has also explained how you can
> get the moderation flag removed from your account.

hopefully you are fair enough to let me state my point of view also
for the public record

*no* it *clearly* is because you are treating me different in the way
that if i write 200 technically correct and not absusive repsonses
often daone within minutes after a question, day and night, including
my work-time into account but if i *one* time does not find the
right words it invalidates 100 fine responses which is a unforgiving
treatment from my point of view

http://netblock-68-183-106-10.dslextreme.com/linux/fedora/fedora-advisory-board/msg11987.html refers
directly to exactly this off-list message, also the part "it appears that the instances are too
frequent and a community member was disgruntled enough to have filed a formal complaint with the
Board requesting a ban" refers to this off-list message which had no context to the devel list at all

sorry, but i can see no "significant number"

the thing i saw yesterday is that others are allowed to call me a troll while
strip any context out of quotes, take single words out of a post without any
context, are allowed to quote in a way to let me look like an idiot and my
answer is rejected because "honestly *your* quote shows pretty clear who is
trolling"

sorry, but you can not seriously explain me that take because to respect
the etiquette off-list sent messages are *twice* the reason to get
moderarted again while others allowed to threat me and i am not
allowed to respond is in any case fair

if i would have made a post like some i seen these days from others
the hell had freezen over