fedup - the good and the bad

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 16:12:56 UTC 2013

On 07/09/2013 08:27 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Gary Stainburn wrote:
>
>> I did my laptop F18 -> F19 this morning. It took 1 hour 40 which was
>> longer than my desktop but still okay as I just left it to it, and the
>> only input required was the reboot.
> Is this the whole kaboosh, or the bit after re-booting?
> It's the bit after re-booting (several hours in my case)
> where I'd like to be given an estimate of expected duration.
> I know there is that little growing snake under the F,
> but that's a bit like watching paint dry.
>
> Great product though, who should we thank?

Thank the developers of fedup, of course. For enduring our endless
"hazing" with the F17-F18 upgrade, and proving they could work the kinks
out of it.

I go back to the suggestion I would like to emphasize most: lengthen the
progress bar (the growing snake) from the current 3 cm to 10 cm at
least, or even 15 cm. The improved "resolution" would allow you to show
/some/ forward progress more often.

Temlakos