fedup - the good and the bad

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Tue Jul 9 18:24:33 UTC 2013

I had one good and two not so good experiences.

At home going from 18 to 19 went real smooth, no issues.  At work one 17
to 19 and one 18 to 19 both had issues that I eventually muddled my way
through.  Both of those were likely due to my use of a locally hosted
mirror of the various repos.  So /etc/yum.conf didn't get updated and
left a bunch of packages to be updated with a few dependency issues to
resolve.  But after a whole lot of work with yum and rpm I have both of
those systems working fine and using our local repos once again.

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator
stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil