Mailing List Etiquette (was Re: can't run sshd on 23456 in Fedora 19)

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Tue Jul 9 21:19:16 UTC 2013

Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> On 07/08/2013 03:36 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> *large*
>> *but*
>> *serious*
>> *ifÜ
>> *and* you have rate-controls *and then*
>> *pretty sure*
>> *really serious*
>
> Reindl,
>
> Please understand that your use of the English language comes across as
> violent and aggressive. Excessive accenting, excessive snipping, and
> excessive profanity make up a majority of your postings to Fedora
> mailing lists.

In defence of Reindl, I don't see anything wrong with emphasizing words.
This particular posting did not strike me as "violent and aggressive",
and I didn't see any profanity in it, let alone "excessive profanity".

Reindl is certainly fairly acerbic, but I have found his postings
very helpful on several occasions, and am perfectly happy
to put up with a certain sharpness in return.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net