Scanner recommendations needed

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 12:00:50 UTC 2013

On Wed, 10 Jul 2013 07:48:28 -0400
linuxnutster at videotron.ca wrote:

> The scanner interface will either lock up or simply crash.

Yea, that's what I get when I try to use the Artisan on
fedora. It can do a preview scan (usually), but any attempt
to get high resolution dies sometime during the process,
hence the use of the Windows virtual machine.

I remember I once went through the entire list of supported
scanners on the sane web site and searched for each one
on the office depot and staples web sites. Not a single
scanner in the supported list was actually sold in a
store you could walk into and buy one from :-).