Mailing List Etiquette (was Re: can't run sshd on 23456 in Fedora 19)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Jul 10 09:04:00 UTC 2013

Am 10.07.2013 08:10, schrieb Tim:
> Allegedly, on or about 09 July 2013, inode0 sent:
>> The problem here from my perspective is that Harald was put into an
>> awkward position without any reason that I can see on the thread
>> cited.
>
> I don't think it happened lightly.  And he has shown a continual
> predilection to behave the same way.  Remember that because he's
> moderated, we're only seeing the posts that are let through.

there are only few rejected and even these wouldn't be
a problem if another person than me would use exactly
the same words - i am judged differently because i made
some mistakes in the past while some of them never should
have been taken into account because *nobody* is allowed
to bounce back a private mail to a public list, not by
etiquette and in many countries even not by law

as example "your quoting style shows who is trolling here"
which was the last part of a response in this thread before
the person i answered with this and since this was part of
the answer where the other person only quoted the two words
"have fun"

here the post i replied to:
http://www.spinics.net/linux/fedora/fedora-users/msg435728.html

here the response which was allowed after remove the last line
http://www.spinics.net/linux/fedora/fedora-users/msg435755.html

IMHO *this* strict moderation goes in any case way too far