Disabling ipv6

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Wed Jul 10 17:07:53 UTC 2013

Fernando Lozano wrote:

> Given IPv6 current state, where many vulnerabilities are related to
> autoconfiguration for home and small networks, and given the fact many
> ISPs still doesn't support IPv6 at all, IMHO the default setting should
> be IPv6 disabled. Any end user or sysadmin should take action only to
> enable IPv6, not to remove the threads it represents today.

As a matter of interest, how can one tell if an ISP supports IPv6?
This is slightly OT, but I often think I'd like to try using ipv6,
but when I ask I'm given a purely theoretical reply,
which I don't understand, usually involving SixXS.
Are there simple instructions anywhere, just listing the commands to use,
and not telling me how many people in China are using the internet.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net