[OT] Seth Vidal, creator of "yum" killed in bike accident

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jul 10 19:36:31 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 20:32:47 +0100,
   Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
>On 10 July 2013 18:14, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at alice.it> wrote:
>> Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>>
>>> Since yum is an integral part of Fedora, perhaps we can consider naming
>>> F20 after him.
>>
>> I support that.
>> For me, yum is the best thing that has come out of Fedora.
>> It has saved a substantial number of my grey cells,
>> as well as hours if not days of my time.
>>
>> Thank you, Seth, and adios.
>>

>Something along these lines might be good.

The last time something along that line was discussed, a dedication was
done for the release. Dedicating the F20 release to Seth, rather than
naming it after him, seems to be more in line with past practice.
Considering the magnitude of his contributions to Fedora, I think that
a dedication to him in F20 would be a nice thing to do. It won't bring
him back, but would probably help the community.