[OT] Seth Vidal, creator of "yum" killed in bike accident

ergodic gmml at embarqmail.com
Wed Jul 10 20:18:38 UTC 2013

Indeed very sad news.
Our sympathies to his family.

----- Original Message -----
On Wed, 2013-07-10 at 10:46 +0100, Aaron Gray wrote:
> Utterly Tragic, so sorry such a terrible thing should happen to such a
> good guy.
>
> On 10 July 2013 10:27, Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Seth Vidal will be truly missed in person, but his contributions to the
> >> Open Source world lives on.
> >>
> >> Condolences to the family and friends, of a true friend of Open Source.
> >>

> > That's very sad, many condolences to his family and friends.
> >

> > --
> > imalone
> > http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk
> > --

Seth added so much to our community.  Perhaps there is some way to set
up a "Seth Vidal Award" for contribution to the community.  Maybe RedHat
could serve as the repository?  Someone in Redhat could setup a
non-profit to support the effort?  Maybe a small gift or something for
the recipients?

Les H