[OT] Seth Vidal, creator of "yum" killed in bike accident

Jean François Martinez jfm512 at free.fr
Wed Jul 10 22:24:52 UTC 2013

I am not floating trail balloons.  It is the other guy who tries to take advantae of this tragedy to further an agenda.

Also what do you want to do?  Outlawing hits and runs?  They already are.  Do like in some parts of Paris where they took one yard wide bike ways from the street and isolated them with  half-foot high concrete barreers?  End result has been traffic jams (street was wide enough for two cars, now only for one and half, that means one ) all while in the bike way you will see about two or three bicycles an hour.  Talk of a waste of real estate. And guess what happens at cross roads where bikers are no longer protected by the barrer?  You guessed it: bikers ignore traffic lights.

My experience here in France is that at least 95% of bikers ignore even major traffic regulations.  From what I have read in America it is about the same thing.  This is dangerous for them and it is dangerous for people who have to look in the wrong direction because of them.

Now this guy is telling "Seth has died so without requiring anything from them let's protect those bikers who do die through a fault of their own"  In France we say "Aide-toi et le ciel t'aidera" ie "Help yourself and God will help you".  Even if Seth didn't do anything wrong how about them, that is those 95% reckless bikers changing behaviour?  How about campaigning for _that_ instead?