Mailing List Etiquette (was Re: can't run sshd on 23456 in Fedora 19)

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Wed Jul 10 22:42:47 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 03:48:35PM +0930, Tim wrote:
> Allegedly, on or about 10 July 2013, Rejy M Cyriac sent:
> > +1
> >
> > I have learnt to just gloss over the unimportant parts of his mail,
> > and focus on the vast amount of good information that he shares with
> > the community. Live and let live for the common good, I would say.
>
> -10
>
> I'm sick of his behaviour.  If he modifies his own behaviour, and
> continue to behave normally, he might get unmoderated.  Let him stay
> moderated until he can stop being an insulting, aggressive, egotistical
> sod.

Pot, meet kettle.

> Having sociopaths on the list drives people away.  New members, old
> members.  They unsubscribe, they delete and ignore entire threads,
> because they're sick of reading that crap.

You're a psychiatrist Now?

> And despite the "support stories," I don't see a *vast* amount of good
> information coming through.  I see small amounts of information, and I
> see plenty of other posters providing similar and more amounts of good
> information.  And they do so without being an ass.
>
> Seriously, stop defending him.  There's no excuse for what he does.
> I'll go even further.  Since he's shown no evidence of stopping doing
> it, unsubscribe him.  We're all better off without it.

Speak for yourself my dictatorial friend.

One of the basic rules of internet usage has always been to grow a
thick skin. Is someone forcing you to read his posts? Did you forget
where your delete key is? Is there something wrong with being agressive
(whatever you think that is)?

--
Bob Holtzman
If you think you're getting free lunch,