F19 konsole --title weirdness

Corinna Vinschen fedora at cygwin.de
Thu Jul 11 15:38:59 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm having a strange effect with KDE's konsole terminal emulator.
I configured multiple keyboard shortcuts to start konsole with ssh to
different machines, like this:

  Alt-A:   konsole --title machineA -e slogin machineA
  Alt-B:   konsole --title machineB -e slogin machineB
  Alt-C:   konsole --title machineC -e slogin machineC

Starting the consoles works fine, but the title only matches for the
first invocation of a konsole.  Any further konsole started parallel to
the already running konsole's gets a default title:

  1. Alt-A:  konsole title "machineA"
  2. Alt-A:  konsole title "Shell - Konsole"
  3. Alt-B:  konsole title "Konsole"
  4. Alt-A:  konsole title "Shell - Konsole <2>"
  5. Alt-B:  konsole title "Konsole <2>"

When looking into the process list, it turns out that only a single
konsole process is running, maintaining all konsoles.

However, when starting konsole from the command line, the --title is
honored!  Looking into the process list, it turns out that, when
starting from the command line, there's one konsole process per
invocation, rather than a single konsole for all shortcut invocations,
even if already another konsole started via shortcut is running.

How can I get the same, sane command line behaviour when using the
keyboard shortcuts?

Thanks,
Corinna