Disabling ipv6

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Thu Jul 11 16:32:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

> On 07/10/2013 09:14 PM, fernando at lozano.eti.br wrote:
>> And while we work out IPv6 and improve it, all users should be
>> vulnerable to current IPv6 problems? Are they supposed to be guinea pigs
>> for ipv6 development?
>
> No, of course not.  I never said that everybody should have IPv6
> active.  What I did say is that it should be possible for an
> experienced user to activate it if they want to and that it's not only
> possible, it's easy if you're using Network Manager.  And, to respond
> to something later in your post, I did not, in fact, disable IPv6; I
> simply declined to enable it, which is completely different.  (And, I
> think, the default.)

AFAIK all recent Windows releases and Linux distros have IPv6 enabled by
default. Complete with auto-configuration, default MAC-based global
addresses, route discovery and other "ease of use", but potentialy
dangerous, features enabled.

I have not checked Fedora 19 yet.  Didi it changed anything?

[]s, Fernando Lozano