mounting USB/SD card devices (question rephrased)

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Thu Jul 11 19:49:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

I asked this question last night but did not get any response. Let me a
bit clearer on what I am looking for.

I have a minimal install and a F-19 LXDE spin install on two separate
machines. I also have pcmanfm (along with whatever dependencies gets
pulled in) in either places. When I plug in a USB/flash drive, I get at
least an icon on the pcmanfm (which may have to be clicked to mount,
definitely to unmount). No such icon shows up in the machine I set up
with a minimal install.

My question is how do I get this icon and mounting to show up in the
minimal install. What packages, etc, do I need? I am not interested in
automount per se, just the ability to mount easily.

Many thanks again and best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be
deleted on receipt. For those needing to send personal or professional