Mailing List Etiquette (was Re: can't run sshd on 23456 in Fedora 19)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 22:27:13 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 04:42:02PM -0400, Paul Frields wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 9:02 AM, David <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > Paul Fields.
> >
> > After many, to many, days of this drivel would you please make this go away?
>
> Yes. Let's please consider this thread closed. It's no longer serving
> any useful purpose for offering assistance to Fedora users. The
> moderators have heard people speaking for and against Harald's
> moderation. In the course of that conversation it's clear Harald is
> not the only person who has trouble being excellent to other people
> sometimes. Let's all take some time to breathe and refocus on helping
> other Fedora users.
>
> I apologize personally for not catching up to this thread sooner.
> Unfortunately, other events have taken priority recently, some of
> which are referred to elsewhere in this list. If you are wondering how
> you can make things better, start by doing this when you post: Assume
> good intentions on the part of the other person, and be silently
> forgiving if you feel slighted in some way. I think if everyone could
> practice at least those things, the list could get a lot better very
> quickly. And to be fair, in general it's usually full of good material
> that outweighs the bad. But we can always improve.

In light of the circumstances this week, we've had delays in
moderation.  I'm releasing Harald's posts to the list.

They should have been released earlier.  For that, the other
moderators and I are sorry.  However, we are still declaring this
thread closed.  Do not respond further on this list, please.