[GW-C] [ECOTONE] Re: rant of the day: installing fedora

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 13:27:01 UTC 2013

On 12 July 2013 12:23, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 23:45 -0400, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Hi
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM, D. Hugh RedelmeierAnaconda's screens
>> need to be more wordy to make things clearer
>>         and less scary to the user.
>>

>> Perhaps you can file a bug report?  It appears in this thread, noone
>> yet has done this
>
> Like most people I tend to use the installer only once per new release,
> so if it isn't straightforward it can be difficult, in the relief of
> managing to get past it, to remember the exact sequence of failures and
> retries one has gone through, in order to formulate a useful bug report.
>>
> A poor excuse, but my own.

Nailed it, not many people will go through the installer enough times
to work out how it actually works and how it should work. I've done
various live installs for testing, but by the time you've done that
you're familiar enough with what's going on that it doesn't occur to
you anymore.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk