Why should one upgrade Fedora whenever a new version is released?

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 19:51:26 UTC 2013

On 07/12/2013 03:45 PM, Paul Smith wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Why should one upgrade Fedora whenever a new version is released? What
> are the main reasons?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul
As far as it was explained to me: you're not REALLY required to upgrade,
if the version you're using suits your purposes. The upside to NOT
upgrading is you won't have to worry about anything "new" breaking
something that's "always worked before in the old version of Fedora".
But the downside is you won't be exposed to cutting edge technology
either. It's comparable to the sticking your head in the sand vs.
exploring the island you've just crash landed on!...LOL! At least that's
how the guy explained it to me when I asked a similar question...

EGO II