Proposal: Fedora should install with IPv6 disabled by default [was: Re: Disabling ipv6]

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Jul 12 21:33:11 UTC 2013

On 07/12/2013 02:17 PM, Fernando Lozano wrote:
> 1. Users should be able to disable IPv6. Today they can't and this is a
> bug that hopefully will be solved soon. I think no one ever intended
> IPv6 to be mandatory. ;-)

Actually, they can, but they have to take the time to configure the
connection instead of just accepting the defaults.  When you use Network
Manager, if you edit the connection there's a tab for IPv6 and you can
set it to Ignore, as I have.  Easy, simple, clear, but as I said, you
have to look for it.  Should Ignore be the default?  I don't know, honestly.